Wednesday, November 25, 2015

November 25, 2015

IT IS TIME TO BE THANKFUL AND RE-GROUP!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
Gratitude Motivators
Dr. Jay Wolf

The season of THANKSGIVING is highly necessary and well timed because we all tend to be forgetful. For instance, I have a photographic memory but I keep forgetting where I put the film! So we need gratitude motivators. Let me share three that work for me.

First, God’s Word Calls us to an attitude of Gratitude. “In everything give thanks, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thes. 5:18) “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him.” (Psalm 100:4) Expressing gratitude for every season and circumstance indicates we trust our gracious heavenly Father and believe He is the origin of our blessing and His power is bigger than our problem.

Secondly, our American Heritage invites us be grateful. America was founded as a Christian nation and the Pilgrims set the pace. Those brave first settlers experienced terrible adversity that took the lives of half of their group but they declared a time of thanksgiving to count their blessings instead of their losses. In 1789, as a reflection of our collective Christian faith, George Washington called our Nation to gratitude, “Whereas, it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor…I recommend to the people of the United States a day of Public Thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many favors of Almighty God.”

Third, I am motivated to gratitude by my personal list of blessings. My relationship to King Jesus pardons the past, empowers the present and illumines the future. Now I am part of the beautiful Body of Christ. God has given me a fabulous wife and a wonderful life. I am enriched by a healthy, stable, Christ-following, growing and productive family. God has gifted me with abundant material resources, physical capabilities and nurturing friendships. The assets greatly outweigh the liabilities!

When we add it up, there are compelling motivations to move beyond our natural proclivity to be grumbly hateful and become humbly grateful!



A RE-GROUP Reminder!!!!

We are meeting Wednesday night Dec. 2nd!!!!

We will start with a short discussion 
of the video and readings (pg.56-77) from Session 3:
 The Doubtful Wanderer. 
The focus was the Disciple Thomas.

The new video session will be: 
The Sensual Wanderer.

No comments: