Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Discipline of Personal Prayer


The Discipline of Personal Prayer
  • Scripture to which James MacDonald referred
    • 1 Peter 5:7
    • James 1:5, 4:2
    • Philippians 4:6
    • John 14:13, 15:7
    • 1 John 5:14
    • Matt 21:23
    • 2 Timothy 1:7
    • 1 Kings 18: 26-29
  • Is My Prayer REAL?
    • Public performance prayers are a sure sign of insincerity.
    • The secret to prayer is prayer in secret.
  • Is My Prayer SIMPLE?
    • Prayer is not to inform God.
    • The purpose of prayer is to express faith toward God.
  • Is My Prayer WORSHIPFUL?
    • The Lord’s Prayer is a Model prayer.
    • When you begin your prayer, begin with Father.
  • This was added in the video and was not noted in the guide:
    • A – adoration
    • C - confession
    • T - thanksgiving
    • S – supplication
  • Is My Prayer SUBMISSIVE?
    • There is no answered prayer where there’s not submission to God.
    • I surrender my wants and my sense of timing.
  • Is My Prayer PRACTICAL?
    • Prayer List – Daily Bread
      • Income in every household
      • Physical heath
      • Emotional heath
      • Spiritual health
  • Is My Prayer REPENTANT?
    • “God, I want You to forgive me the way I forgive others.
  • Is My Prayer EXPECTANT?

A wonderful individual shared with me another acronym about prayer:
P.U.S.H. – “Pray until something happens.”